- Original #1 (The OG)
Large (1000ml): $15 Growler: $25
*Please Read: How to enjoy our Kombucha*
- First-timers to our Homemade Kombucha: Drink about 6-8oz. every day and expect results! As your body begins to adapt to and accept the amazing probiotic nature of the booch, you will find that you will want to and can drink more, especially on days where you feel gut heavy, tired, fatigued, or just down.
- When you get a bottle of our kombucha, refrigerate it to slow down the natural carbonation process of our little active bacteria friends.
- You may notice some stuff floating around inside the bottle. This is the good bacteria that we want in our gut! The longer the kombucha sits, the larger this will grow! While some people choose filter out and not drink the 'worm of the tequilla', we do and highly encourage it!
- Before opening, you can gently tip the bottle upside down to swirl in the growing cultures, but do not shake!
- When opening for the first time, be careful as the bacteria continues to ferment and build up carbonation which can make a mess if not done carefully.
- After you have opened the bottle, enjoy the sweet elixir that is Kombucha! At this stage you also have the option to leave it out of the refrigerator if you want it to be more fizzy, but once in the fridge the cultures cool down and fermentation/carbonation is drastically reduced.
- If you are returning bottles, please wash them out with only water. Residue from anti-bacterial soaps can harm the healthy bacteria in future bottles, so we sanitize the bottles with a safe, kombucha-specific cleaning solution.
Why Drink Kombucha?
1. Helps prevent a wide variety of diseases
- There is also a fairly well-confirmed body of evidence that kombucha contains powerful antioxidants and can help to detoxify the body and protect against disease. Related to this disease-fighting power is the way these antioxidants help to reduce inflammation, at the root of most diseases. This inflammation-reducing, detoxing quality is probably one reason kombucha might potentially decrease the risk for certain kinds of cancers.
- Naturally, the antioxidant prowess of this ancient tea counteracts free radicals that create mayhem in the digestive system. However, the greatest reason kombucha supports digestion is because of its high levels of beneficial acid, probiotics, amino acids and enzymes.
- Kombucha doesn’t just help your digestion; it might be able to protect your mind, too. One way it can accomplish this is by the B vitamins it contains. B vitamins, particularly vitamin B12, are known to increase energy levels and contribute to overall mental wellbeing. The gut-repairing function of kombucha also plays a role in mental health.
- Because of the type of bacteria found in kombucha, drinking the live cultures actually destroys bad bacteria responsible for infections. In lab studies, kombucha has been found to have antibacterial effects against staph, E. coli, Sh. sonnei, two strains of salmonella and Campylobacter jejuni.
- Since the liver helps to filter and convert harmful compounds, it’s a vital component in digestion and overall health. The antioxidants in kombucha may protect the liver from oxidative stress and damage.
What is Kombucha?
- Known as the “Immortal Health Elixir” by the Chinese and originating in the Far East around 2,000 years ago, kombucha is a beverage with tremendous health benefits extending to your heart, your brain and (especially) your gut.
- Kombucha is a fermented beverage consisting of black tea and sugar that’s used as a functional, probiotic food. It contains a colony of bacteria and yeast that are responsible for initiating the fermentation process once combined with sugar. These bacteria line your digestive tract and support your immune system, as they absorb nutrients and fight infection and illness.
- After fermentation, kombucha becomes carbonated and contains vinegar, B vitamins, enzymes, probiotics and a high concentration of acid (acetic, gluconic and lactic). These bacteria are known as “cellulose-producing bacteria,” meaning they produce cellulose, which acts as a shield to cells.
- The following probiotics make up this health elixir:
- Gluconacetobacter (>85 percent in most samples)
- Acetobacter (<2 percent)
- Lactobacillus (up to 30 percent in some samples)
- Zygosaccharomyces (>95 percent)
- Probiotics provide your gut with healthy bacteria. These bacteria can improve many aspects of health, including digestion, inflammation and even weight loss.
- Drinking kombucha every day can help you to maintain peak immune health, which trickles down into an impressive number of benefits for your overall health.
Why Buy Local and not from stores?